The complete file should be lodged in 3 exemplars : 1 original and 2 copies
1. Personal appearance of the applicant with appointment at
1 909 1014545 (PLDT only through landline or SMART mobile phone)
1 903 1014545 (Bayantel only through landline)
1 900 1014545 (Globe through landline and GLOBE mobile phone)
2. Passport with no less than 3 months validity from the date of intended travel.
3. Two duly completed and signed application forms with two recent 2 x 2 colored passport-size photos with WHITE background
4. A non-refundable visa application fee (equivalent of 60 EUR in PHP at the official Embassy rate) to be paid upon submission of visa application.
5. History of the relationship
For the applicant:
1. Birth certificate on NSO security paper legalized by DFA
2. Proof of Civil Status
· If the applicant is single, Certificate of Single Status called Certificate of Non-Appearance in the National Indices of Marriage on NSO Security Paper authenticated by DFA
· If applicant annulled/divorced, Annulment/Divorce Certificate on NSO Security Paper authenticated by DFA
· If applicant widow/widower, Death Certificate on NSO Security Paper authenticated by DFA
3. Medical Certificate from one of the Embassy’s accredited clinics LISTED HERE
4. NBI Clearance
For the sponsor:
1. Original Affidavit of Support “called Bijlage 3bis / Verbintenis Tot Tenlasteneming / Prise en charge/Annexe 3Bis”, legalized by the sponsor’s municipality in Belgium.
2. Photocopy of the sponsor’s resident or Belgian ID card.
3. Family Composition of the sponsor called “Composition de Ménage / Samenstelling Van Het Gezin” to be obtained from the sponsor’s municipality.
4. Recent proof of income of the sponsor (must be within the last 3 months).
5. Copy of the Marriage Declaration Act from Belgium (akte van aangifte van huwelijk / acte de déclaration de mariage) to be issued by a municipality in Belgium. The file will not be handle without this document.
6. Proof of lodging of the partner in Belgium (registered lease contract or property title)
7. Proof of stable, regular incomes of the partner in Belgium
As far as the sponsor is concerned ONLY the AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT has to be submitted in original. All the other documents can be submitted in ordinary xerox copy (don't waste money and time to get them declared "certified true copy")
NOTE : You may also be required to submit additional documents at the discretion of the Visa Officer.
Remark : In case of approval, applicants have to produce an original medical and travel insurance valid for all Schengen countries issued by a Philippine or European insurance company (+ 1 photocopy). This insurance should cover a minimum of 30,000 Euros and should cover the validity of the visa.
No documents should be older than 6 months, for the Embassy of Belgium it is not necessary to submit a translation of any documents drafted in English or any of our Belgian national languages.
- The Embassy of Belgium does not require a plane ticket to be submitted when lodging the application. Any agent/intermediary/applicant pretending the contrary is defrauding you. Unless otherwise specified a simple reservation is enough.
- The Embassy of Belgium does not accept to work with any au pair or travel agency (be it Foreign or Filipino) Agencies who claim so are giving fraudulent information.
- The Embassy of Belgium does not require any other consular fees than mentioned on this webpage CONSULAR FEES. Any agent/intermediary/applicant pretending the contrary is defrauding you.
- There is a distinct possibility that the applicant will be invited for a personal and in-depth interview with the visa officer at a later date than the lodging of the application
- The average processing time by the Embassy of this type of applications is 6 weeks. If the application is forwarded to Home Office for final decision one should take into account 1 to 2 months on average extra processing time.