From the 1st. of July 2012, all Belgian passports delivered by the Belgian Embassy in Pakistan will be biometric.
From this date on, all Belgian citizens residing in Pakistan and in need of a new passport, are invited to present themselves personally at the Belgian Embassy in Islamabad in order to register their biometric data (picture + fingerprints).
IMPORTANT : your current non-biometric passport is still valid until expiry date of your passport. This passport does not need to be replaced by a biometric one: it is still valid.
Procedure to be followed:
1) Current procedure still applicable: documents listed below have to be sent by express courier to our Embassy in Islamabad or introduced trough our honorary consulate in Lahore or Karachi.
- Completed, signed and dated passport application form
- 1 identity picture
- Copy of your last Belgian passport to be replaced
- In case of passport request for a minor, please join a parental authorization given by both parents or the passport application form signed by both parents.
2) After verification of the passport request:
- You will be invited to pay the passport fee at Fedex
- And you will be invited to present yourself personally at the Belgian Embassy in Islamabad at the date appointed in our mail which will be sent to you in order to enable us to capture your biometric data.
Delivery delay: +/- 10 working days as from the day of capturing your biometric data at the Embassy in Islamabad.
Passport validity: 5 years
You can find more information about biometric passport on the following link: