Administrative fee for LONG STAY visas for Belgium
Please be informed that as from 02/03/2015 a new administrative fee has to be paid before the submission of some LONG STAY visas for Belgium (not for Luxemburg). This fee has to be paid in Belgium by the applicant or by a third party (family member, employer, sponsor). The proof of payment has to be provided together with the visa application. Some applicants don’t have to pay this fee (see table with exceptions).
This administrative fee has no interference with the visa fees, which remain the same and have to be paid at the submission of the file at one of the Visa Application Centres of Gerry’s International in Pakistan.
You will find in attachment a table with an overview of this administrative fee per category as well as all the cases in which an exemption is granted, for example, if the applicant is less than 18 years old, if the person to be joined in Belgium has citizenship of a EU-country (but not Belgium) or if the person to be joined in Belgium has refugee status or benefits from subsidiary protection. There are exceptions for other categories too.
The administrative fee has to be paid, in EURO in Belgium by bank transfer, directly to the following bank account:
IBAN BE57 6792 0060 9235
Bank BPOST SA, Centrum Monnaie (sans numéro), 1000 Bruxelles
Beneficiary SPF Intérieur, Office des étrangers, Chaussée d’Anvers 59B, 1000 Bruxelles
The communication (statement) of this payment must clearly mention:
- Surname & First name of the applicant (as written in his/her passport)
- His/her nationality
- His/her date of birth: day (dd) – month (MM) – year (YYYY)
- Purpose of his/her stay (Article nr … - refer for that to the table in attachment)
The communication (statement) must strictly fit the following layout:
Surname_First name_Nationality_DD.MM.YYYY_Article…Loi 15.12.1980.
1) YANG_CHUAN_PAKISTANI_01.02.1903_Article 10bis_Loi 15.12.1980
2) YANG_CHUAN_AFGHAN_00.00.1903_Article 61/11_Loi 15.12.1980
Please be aware that:
- The transfer costs are in charge of the person making the payment. He must pay the amount of the administrative fee + the transfer costs
- The administrative fee is not refundable if the visa is refused or in case of overpayment
- In case of insufficient payment the balance has to be paid within 30 days. If the balance is not paid, the initial payment is not refundable.
The applicant has to provide the proof of payment of the administrative fee at the submission of his/her visa application. If this is not the case, the visa application is not admissible.
Please consult the website of the Immigration Office of the Belgian Ministry of Interior:
Overview fees long stay visas