LIST OF DOCUMENTS NECESSARY TO OBTAIN A VISA FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT for a maximum stay of 90 days per semester (Type C)
1) A valid international passport (the validity of the passport has to exceed the end of the proposed trip by at least three months);
2) 1 visa application form + 1 recent passport photograph;
3) An original invitation letter from a medical institution or a doctor established in Belgium;
4) Proof of employment and a proof of leave;
5) Ticket reservation
DO NOT PURCHASE TICKET UNLESS YOU FULFIL ALL OTHER VISA REQUIREMENTS. THE EMBASSY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR PENALTIES INCURRED
6) Proof of sufficient financial means during the stay:
Credit card + bank statement for the previous 6 months
A formal obligation (annexe 3 bis) of financial support signed by someone who meets the requirement stated by annexe 3BIS, 15.12.80, along with an ordinary copy of the person’s ID and proof of sufficient solvency (pay slips)
7) Reliable proof that the medical treatment is paid for (statement from the medical institute in Belgium) or will be paid for (guarantee letter from insurance, guarantee letter from bank, sum of money on a blocked bank account, …)
8) A medical certificate issued by the competent medical authorities of the country of origin declaring the sought for medical treatment cannot be given in the country of origin.
Additional documents may, where appropriate, be required. Presentation of a complete file does not necessarily mean that a visa will be issued.
Visa application files have to be introduced through FedEx Visa Drop Box facilities.
ALL FEES (HANDLING FEES OR CONSULAR FEES) ARE TO BE PAID TO GERRY'S INTERNATIONAL. NOBODY (STAFF, LAWYERS, PRIVATE CONSULTANTS OR TRAVEL AGENCIES) IS ENTITLED TO CHARGE ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY DIRECTLY TO THE CLIENT OUTSIDE OF GERRY'S INTERNATIONAL OFFICES OR OUTSIDE OF THE EMBASSY.