1. PAKISTAN : All documents duly attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Pakistan have to be accompanied by a certified translation.
1. Original documents from Pakistan should be translated in one of the national languages of Belgium: French and Dutch.
- Translation into French is possible in Pakistan and must be done by either one of the 5 “Alliances Françaises” settled in Pakistan (Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, Peshawar) (see addresses below) or by the Agence française de Traduction (see addresses below). Original Pakistani document and its translation into French, both legalized by the Embassy, will be directly accepted by a Belgian French speaking administration.
- For the moment, no recognized institution in Pakistan offers the service for translation into Dutch. Therefore, documents to be used in a Belgian Dutch speaking administration might need to be translated a second time into Dutch once in Belgium.
Alliance Française de Lahore
155, Scotch Corner, street 3, Upper Mall, Lahore
Tel : 042-3587 43 01 > 3, fax : 042 – 3587 43 04
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Alliance Française de Karachi
Plot St1, Block 8, Scheme 5, Clifton Karachi
Tel : 021-3587 34 02 fax : 021-3587 43 02
Email : email@example.com
Alliance Française d’Islamabad
House 9, Street 49, F6/4, Islamabad
Tel : 051-282 52 18 & 19
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2. AFGHANISTAN : Original documents from Afghanistan are translated into English by the Afghan local authorities. Only a translation from those authorities will be accepted.
B. Consular fees :
The original document legalized by the competent authorities will be legalized by the Embassy. The translation certified by Alliance Française will also be legalized. The consular fees for legalizations have to be paid to Fedex Refer yourself to the CONSULAR FEE section in order to find out how much the current consular fee for legalization is and the chapter LEGALIZATION to find out the procedure to be followed.