No matter what type of transport you are traveling by:
- Always carry documents of identity;
- Buy tickets only in the special booking offices at the railway stations, airports
or their branches;
- Stay for the night only in specifically defined places, avoid help of persons
who privately rent apartments;
- Do not leave your belongings unattended or under the supervision of strangers,
unfamiliar people, fellow-passengers;
- Exchange currency only in banks or their branches;
- Avoid, especially at night, deserted streets, alleys, gateways, areas distant from
the central traffic highways;
- Avoid meetings with aggressive and violent citizens. If such a meeting is
inevitable, do not show fear, try to be polite, do not answer to provocations, try to
reduce communication to a minimum and quickly go, but in case of danger do not
hesitate to raise the noise and escape to a crowded place;
- Do not participate in gambling;
- Do not drink alcohol in the company of strangers, unfamiliar people, casual
fellow-travelers, while driving.
If you travel with children:
- Do not leave them unattended;
- Give them your business card with telephone numbers or mobile phone, so
that they could contact you at any time in need;
- Explain to your child how to behave and what to do if he or she is lost;
- If a child is lost contact your police officer immediately;
- Explain to your children not to go anywhere with the unknown people, not to
borrow money or candies from them.
If you travel by car:
1. You must always carry:
- driver's license of the appropriate category,
- certificate of registration of the vehicle,
- insurance policy of civil liability of owners of vehicles.
2. You must stop only at the request of police officers wearing uniform. The
signal to stop is made only by the rod. According to the legislation of Ukraine the
inspectors of the State Traffic Inspection are not allowed to stop vehicle without any
After stopping the vehicle the policeman must tell his name, rank, position,
department, where he works, as well as at the request of the driver he must present
his identification card.
For traffic violations the policemen of the State Traffic Inspection are entitled
to draw up an administrative report and an act to bring the offender to administrative
The fines are not charged in place of the offense, their payment is made in
banks or savings offices.
If you have become the victim of offense or you need emergency assistance:
1. You may use the telephone services of any mobile operator:
101 – Fire Service;
102 – Police;
103 – Ambulance;
112 – Emergency Service (switch).
2. Ask other people:
- about the location of the nearest police department, patrol officers, flying
squad or public order unit, ask them for assistance or bring the statement of the
- if you need – ask them about the location of the nearest medical establishment,
you may ask there for assistance and to witness the injuries.
3. You should inform the diplomatic mission of your country about the event
that happened to you.
Please note that in Ukraine there are legal restrictions on smoking and drinking
alcohol, including beer, in public places (streets, parks, stadiums, railway stations,
airports, public transport, etc.).
Concerning offenders police may draw up an administrative report in
accordance with Articles 175-1 and 178 of the Code of Ukraine on Administrative
Offences, which stipulates the punishment from administrative penalty to
administrative arrest for up to 15 days.
Drinking beer (except alcohol-free), alcohol and low-alcohol drinks, table
wines is prohibited:
1) in health care facilities;
2) in educational and childcare establishments;
3) in public transport, on transport stops, in undergrounds;
4) in cultural institutions;
5) in closed sports facilities (except for beer in plastic container);
6) in elevators and payphones;
7) at the children playgrounds;
8) at the sports playgrounds;
9) in the premises of the authorities.
Smoking is prohibited:
1) in elevators and payphones;
2) in health care facilities;
3) in educational and childcare establishments;
4) at the children playgrounds;
5) at the sports playgrounds;
6) in the porches of the apartment houses;
7) in undergrounds;
8) in public transport.
Smoking tobacco is prohibited, except designed places, namely in:
1) in catering establishments;
2) in premises of public authorities and local authorities, other government
3) in closed sports facilities.
Restrictions and prohibitions on the stadiums.
According to the Law of Ukraine "On peculiarities of public order and public
security in connection with the preparation and conduct of football matches" there are
some restrictions and prohibitions in connection with visits to the stadiums.
The access to the territory of sports facilities is not allowed for the fans who:
1) do not have tickets;
2) refuse to be checked up as appropriate by the police, security service of the
sports facilities (football club) or representatives of staff of the sport facilities;
3) violate the rules of bringing to the territory of sports facilities of the relevant
objects or substances;
4) in the state of alcohol or drug abuse;
5) under 14 years old if unaccompanied by adults.
On the territory of sports facilities it is prohibited to use sources of open fire.
It is prohibited to bring to the territory of sports facilities and/or use:
1) firearms, cold steel or other weapon;
2) thrust and cutting items and items that can be used for bodily injuries,
3) ammunition, explosives;
4) fireworks, flammable substances, corrosive substances;
5) alcohol and low-alcohol (soft) drinks.
When visiting football matches you must have a document of identity
Measures of administrative influence to offenders.
According to the Law of Ukraine "On peculiarities of proceedings on
administrative violations during the finals of the 2012 European Football
Championship in Ukraine" in the case of administrative offense the court may
impose a penalty in the form of prohibition of visiting mass sports and other entertainment activities in the sports facilities.
Administrative detention of the person who committed an administrative offense
may last not more than one day.
The cases on administrative offenses are adjudged by the court according to the
place of commission in the term of one day.
Decision on the administrative case is announced immediately after the
hearing. A copy of the decision is immediately against receipt given to the person
against whom it has been passed, as well as to the law enforcement agency.
Resolution of the case on administrative offense shall be executed immediately
after its passing.
Expulsion from Ukraine.
Foreigners and stateless persons who do not permanently reside in Ukraine and
have committed administrative offences, after performing the administrative penalty
may be forcibly expelled from Ukraine by court decision.
Enforcement against violators of public order.
According to the Law of Ukraine "On militia" a police officer has the right to
use physical force, close combat techniques, special agents (tear gas, rubber baton,
handcuffs, electric shock era, etc.) and firearms against a person who commits an
We are asking you while staying in Ukraine to follow Ukrainian laws, not to
violate public order and be tolerant towards other football fans, to respect their rights,
honor and dignity.
In case of any unforeseen situation we are always ready to help you. We wish you pleasant impressions in our country so that nothing spoils the atmosphere of football festival Euro 2012.